This is why we don't rotate menus, this is why we dont' guarantee what you'll always get to eat. We prefer that you eat and drink fresh, chemical free, unprocessed produce.
In keeping with that, Nosh Detox has signed up to the Better Chicken Commitment, which means we have signed up to the following caveats: By 2026, Nosh will require our suppliers to meet the following requirements for 100% of the all the chicken in our supply chain:
- Comply with all EU animal welfare laws and regulations, regardless of the country of production.
- Implement a maximum stocking density of 30kg/m2 or less. Thinning is discouraged and if practiced must be limited to one thin per flock.
- Adopt breeds that demonstrate higher welfare outcomes: either the following breeds, Hubbard Norfolk Black, JA757, 787, 957, or 987, Rambler Ranger, Ranger Classic, and Ranger Gold, or others that meet the criteria of the RSPCA Broiler Breed Welfare Assessment Protocol.
- Meet improved environmental standards including:
○ At least 50 lux of light, including natural light.
○ At least two metres of usable perch space, and two pecking substrates, per 1,000 birds.
○ On air quality, the maximum requirements of Annex 2.3 of the EU broiler directive, regardless of stocking density.
○ No cages or multi-tier systems.
- Adopt controlled atmospheric stunning using inert gas or multi-phase systems, or effective electrical stunning without live inversion.
- Demonstrate compliance with the above standards via third-party auditing and annual public reporting on progress towards this commitment.
Please do get in touch if you have any questions at all.