When I first went Gluten free the thing that I struggled with the most was my breakfasts. And even when I got the hang of smoothies, my Sunday mornings really suffered. I missed pancakes!!
Here is a good pancake/waffle recipe you can use -
Oatmeal Pancakes or Waffles
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups water
2 tablespoons maple syrup
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons oil
- Place all ingredients, except oil, in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Let stand a few minutes until batter thickens.
- If batter is too thick to pour easily, add some water till its sticking to back of spoon.
- Heat oil in frying pan or skillet.
- Pour batter, by ¼ - ½ cup, into pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, or golden on each side.
- For waffles: Pour into a heated waffle iron and cook for 10 minutes.
- Try adding chopped walnuts to the pancake batter or on the pancakes.
- Top with fruits to make it feel healthier????