- 3 medium overripe bananas (meaning loads of black spots)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (you can use coconut but be aware it changes the flavour)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans, chocolate chips, cacao nibs)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Lightly oil a 9-inch loaf pan and arrange a strip of parchment paper width-wise along the center, with just a bit hanging out over each side.
- Put peeled bananas into a large mixing bowl and mash well with a fork or potato masher. When gloopy, add both sugars, oil and vanilla to the bowl. Stir until well-mixed