If you are feeling sluggish, low on energy, and want to eat more healthily, keto might just be the meal plan for you. With a bit of preparation (and a spiralizer!), you can have some delicious, tasty, and nutritious meals to see you through the week!
Vegan keto doesn't have to be boring or difficult to factor into your life. In fact, you will be looking forward to tucking into these tasty recipes, without feeling like you are missing out!
In this article, we will show you some easy keto meal prep recipes that will leave your friends wanting to try it out for themselves. Read on to get those recipes!
Whole Tahini-Roasted Cauliflower with Tomatoes and Garlic
This is a great recipe that you can make ahead of time and use as a base for a poke bowl, Middle Eastern salad, or dinner with some fresh vegetables. It is also great for minimal effort as everything just goes in one tin to roast.
- One whole cauliflower (with the leaves removed)
- Four cloves of garlic (peeled and smashed)
- Half a jar of tahini (make sure it don't contain yogurt)
- Two medium-sized bunches of on the vine tomatoes
- 4 tsp. of olive oil
- 2 tsp. of za'atar
- pinch of salt and pepper for seasoning
1) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees/180 degrees fan. Get a large roasting tin and place the cauliflower, tomatoes, and garlic in it.
2) Add the olive oil, seasoning, za'atar to the tin and give it a good mix around so everything is well coated.
3) Bast the cauliflower with the tahini and make sure all the parts are covered.
4) Roast for 45 minutes to an hour until the cauliflower is nice and tender.
5) Slice the cauliflower like a joint of meat and use it for various meal preps. You can even blend some of the cauliflower in a blender to make a delicious tahini flavored cauliflower rice.
Slow Cooked Vegetable Soup
This recipe can be slow cooked all day in a slow cooker so that it is ready for when you get home. Or you can even make it on a Sunday night, ready for you to take for lunches for the week.
It is hearty, healthily and you can bung everything into a slow cooker or large saucepan so that you don't need to be constantly watching over it.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tsp. of olive oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 pint of vegetable stock
- 2 tsp. of paprika
- 1/8 tsp. of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt and pepper to season
1) Get a large saucepan and set on a medium heat. Add the olive oil and wait for the olive oil to sizzle. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
2) Add all of the remaining dry vegetables and stir fry for 7-10 minutes until they start to soften. Season with salt and pepper, the paprika and the cayenne pepper and stir.
3) Add the vegetables to the slow cooker if you are using one and set it to the lowest setting. If not then turn down the heat on the cooker to low. Add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, and kidney beans and simmer for four hours.
4) After four hours the soup will be chunky and delicious. Blend with a hand blender if you prefer it smoother or leave it as it is.
This soup is a great base for curries, casseroles, or for spiralized noodles.
Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Sauce
This recipe is so simple and easy and only takes 10 minutes to make. Perfect for if you have little time to prep your keto meals, but don't want to compromise on the flavor!
And best of all there is no cooking involved, so you can put those saucepans away!
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized
- 100 ml. of water
- half a lemon, squeezed for juice
- a handful of nuts, pine, walnut or almond
- 1 avocado
- A few leaves of basil
- A bunch of cherry tomatoes on the vine
1) Using a spiralizer, make the zucchinis into noodles and set aside.
2) Get a blender and put the water, lemon, nuts, avocado, and basil into it and mix together into a sauce. You can add more water when required if the sauce is too thick.
3) Mix the sauce into the zucchini noodles and slice some of the cherry tomatoes on top.
This recipe can be sized up for larger meal prep and dinners if necessary. You can even add a touch of vegan cheese or nutritional yeast if you want to make it more decadent or creamy.
Avocado Icecream Pops
Everyone deserves a treat every now and again. Being on a vegan Keto diet doesn't mean you have to miss out!
This recipe is fabulous if you are fancying a bit of a sugar hit, but is made with keto-friendly substitutes.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1tsp. of maple syrup
- 100 grams of keto-approved chocolate or full fat chocolate
1) Put the avocado, lemon juice, sugar, and coconut milk into a blender and blend well.
2) Pop into ice cream molds and refrigerate for up to six hours until firmly set.
3) Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. Remove ice creams from the freezer and dip into the chocolate bowl to get a small covering of chocolate.
4) Refrigerate again for an hour until chocolate is set.
Keto Meal Prep Recipes: Where Can I Find Out More?
We hope you have enjoyed this article on some of the best ways to get more out of your weekly lunches and dinners.
Keto meal prep recipes don't need to be boring and restrictive. You can still enjoy plenty of different food with just a bit of care and attention.
Meal prep doesn't have to be monotonous or a chore. Have fun with creating some interesting dishes that push you out of your comfort zone.
If you have any further questions or queries about keto meal plans or healthy eating, why not check out our previous blogposts? Or even contact us directly?