Nosh Team Turkey Salad with Pine Nuts and Lemon
I know what it is like to always be busy and to always be on the go. Which is why I love this salad recipe that my Marketing Manager, Troon, shared with me. The recipe only takes 20 minutes and can be made vegetarian by simply removing the turkey breast and can be made vegan by removing the turkey breast and feta cheese.
The salad is refreshing, light and the perfect meal for any day of the week. I want to share the recipe with you and show you the marvellous skills my office is learning and applying to their daily lives.
· 1 Whole Turkey Fillet (optional)
· A drizzle of olive oil
· 1 tsp cumin seeds
· 20g pine nuts
· juice of 1 lemon
· large handful of baby spinach
· leaves, rocket or watercress
· 5 sundried tomatoes, roughly halved
· 30g feta (optional)
For the green pesto:
· ½ a clove of garlic
· A big bunch of fresh basil
· 1 handful of pine nuts
· A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
· 1 Lemon
1. Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat
2. Place the turkey breast in a clean clear bag/baking parchment. Then using a rolling pin or meat mallet, beat the turkey breast until it is around 1cm thick.
3. Season the turkey breast, and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil. Once your griddle pan is smoking hot, transfer the turkey breast to the pan.
4. Once you’re happy the turkey is thoroughly cooked remove from the heat and allow to rest.
5. While the turkey is cooking, toast the cumin seeds and pine nuts for around one minute on a high heat. Once cooked, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool down.
6. Now it’s time to make the pesto. Place all the green pesto ingredients into a blender and blend to your desired consistency.
7. It’s time to combine…artistically cluck the leaves, rocket and watercress onto a plate (please make sure they’ve been thoroughly washed).
8. Slice the turkey, sundried tomatoes and feta (optional) and add to the leaves.
9. Add the pesto, scatter the seeds and enjoy.
Discover more healthy eating recipes here at https://noshdetox.com/collections/ebooks
Geeta & Team