Nosh Detox recipe for a healthy vegan alternative to milk-based ice cream. Easy-to-make and delicious snack perfect for the summer heat!
What you will need
For 2 Servings:
1 large ripe banana
Airtight, freezer-safe container
Small food processor
1. Start with ripe bananas: They should be sweet and soft.
2. Peel the bananas and slice: shape or size doesn't matter as long as they are chopped up into evenly sized and somewhat small pieces.
3. Put the bananas in an airtight container: A freezer-safe glass bowl or a freezer bag.
4. Freeze the banana pieces for at least 2 hours
5. Blend the frozen banana pieces in a small food processor or powerful blender: Pulse the frozen banana pieces.
6. Keep blending - the banana will look crumbly: At first, just scrape down the food processor and keep blending till it gets gooey and mushy.
7. Keep blending - it will get smoother but still, have chunks of banana in it. Scrape down the food processor.
8. Ice Cream Alert! Suddenly just as you are about to give up you'll see the mixture shift from blended banana to creamy, soft-serve ice cream texture. If you want to add in any flavours or tastes, now's the time.
9. Transfer back to the container and freeze until solid: Like traditional ice cream.
Some Ideas for flavours
Crunchy peanut butter
Agave or honey
Half a teaspoon of cinnamon, cardamom, or ginger