Christmas Roasted Plums
8 Benefits of Plums:
- Good for healthy digestion
- Protects your heart
- Fights against diseases like cancer
- Prevents diabetes
- Increase bone strength
- Few calories
- Plums fight breast cancer cells
- Increase brain function of memory
- 8 ripe, black plums
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 8 Star anise pods
- 1 butter, unsalted
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly butter a baking dish just large enough to hold the plum halves in a single layer.
2. Arrange the plum halves, cut side up, in the prepared dish. Sprinkle the brown sugar even over the plum halves, then sprinkle with the star anise. Roast until the sugar has melted, the plums are warmed through, and the skins are just beginning to wrinkle at the edges, 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how ripe your plums. Let the plums cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the baking dish.
3. To serve, remove and discard the star anise. Scoop some ice cream into dessert bowls and arrange 2 plum halves on top or place 2 plum halves in a dessert dish and dollop with some whipped cream, crème fraîche, or ricotta. Spoon some of the crimson juices lingering in the baking dish over everything. Serve right away.