Now we aren't medics or Doctor's, but we are very very good at diagnosing the root cause of a problem. And as we all know if you can diagnose the cause of something - its almost easy to fix. Not finding it, means fixing nothing.
I call it 'Symptom Profiling' and it is very simple on the surface but leads to some amazing results.
Your Lifestyle Profile
By gaining an overview of your lifestyle, you can get an idea of triggers in your life which could be causing problems. We use 'comfortable', easy to answer questions to get an idea of your diet, exercise patterns, work, social life, family, habits and rituals, financial situation etc. These are all key indicators of your health.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- How often do you exercise?
- Do you smoke?
- How often do you eat out - and at what types of places?
- Can you tell me a bit about your work - do you work long hours or have a stressful job?
- Can you give me an example of your typical daily diet including all fluids, quantities and times of consumption?
- What are your sleeping patterns like?
What did you learn about yourself?
Your Stress Profile
Having already established your routine, we would then observe key factors such as time, energy and space. It then becomes easy to tell what aspects of your life may be causing stress and in turn affecting your wellbeing.
This overview of your life as a whole makes it easier to determine what the key stress indicators are in your life. Observe what emotional symptoms are causing stress on your body whether it is anxiety, depression etc.
Example questions include:
- Do you ever feel stressed throughout the day? What are your stress levels at different parts of the day?
- Why do you think you feel stressed, do you know what triggers it?
- What are your coping mechanisms for stress? Is it food or drink?
- When do you feel most stressed?
- Do you have highs and lows of emotions throughout the day?
- Do you take holidays? If yes do you get sick during or after the holiday?
Did you find out something you didn't know about yourself?
Your Internal Systems Profiling
Here is the opportunity to look at all your symptoms and connect them with problems and/or triggers. Assess your answers and observe the following potential triggers which are both visual and intellectual. Visual symptoms to look for are body weight, dark circles under eyes, skin, nails and hair.
Questions we ask include:
- Do you suffer from constipation? How frequently do you use the toilet?
- Have you noticed anything unusual in your stools?
- Generally what colour is your urine? How frequently do you use the toilet?
- Do you have regular periods?
- Do you have any general aches and pains?
- Do you ever experience migraines?
- How frequently do you suffer from colds and infections? How long do they usually last? How is your health really?