- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves – torn from stems
- 4 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 168g olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 200g gluten-free pasta
- 150g snow peas
- 150g baby mushrooms - halved or quartered
- 1 red pepper - finely chopped and seeded
- 35g sun-dried tomatoes – sliced
- In a blender, process basil leaves, garlic, and lemon juice until well combined. You will have to stir a few times as the mixture tends to get stuck. Then, once mushed, slowly add the oil in a thin stream whilst the blender is running.
- Blend until smooth and put the pesto to one side.
- Steam or boil snow peas, pepper and mushrooms until just tender (don't over cook, keep them slightly hard as the crunch is nicer) and refresh under cold water.
- Cook pasta as per instructions on packet and once drained add to a large serving bowl.
- Now add in the veggies, tomatoes and pesto and mix gently. Again, don't over mix as everything then gets mushed up.
- Cover and refrigerate to allow the flavours to blend and settle. Take out of the fridge about a half hour prior to serving to let it come back to room temperature.
- Gently remix prior to serving and if you wish add in a handful of chopped cherry tomatoes and fresh basil leaves as a garnish.