Individual & Bespoke Nutritional Programmes
High-performance individuals are usually those that require most support in terms of health and vitality given that they lead highly complex personal as well as professional lives.
Their mental stamina as well as energy levels need to be optimal at all times but with little time to dedicate to the how to optimise this, Nosh Detox can be their support.
Individual and Executive Nutritional Programmes are based on in-depth consultations with individual employees to establish and address underlying health concerns.
Through medical tests, lifestyle and diet analysis, we will highlight potential imbalances in the body as well as harmful external influences. From this, tailored programmes are created, which are a combination of diet/nutrition plans, vitamin infusions and health coaching.
Regular consultations are then held with a Nosh Nutritionist to track progress, improvements and make any necessary amendments.
As an example of a Nosh Detox Nutritional Programme, see the Executive Nutritional Program below.
Executive Stress Recovery Programme
Step 1 – Diagnostics
First, let’s work out where we are starting. When you know what’s wrong, you know what to fix.
Our approach to testing is unique in my experience. We don’t do a range of tests as we prefer to get a single focused answer, work on that and then test for the next issue, and work on that.
So we do all our medical tests based on information gained from natural nutritional therapies. What does this mean? It means that we test to identify the root cause of the problem, not the symptom.
All our tests, diets, systems and methodology are based on the bio-individuality. Because we know that no one test works for all. We also take into account that many senior executives are doing yearly testing with their health providers so all the generic testing is done and available for review.
Our approach is that we work on the levels of stress the individual is living with on a day to day basis and test from there as a starting point.
Why? Because stress affects the HPA axis – the single most important pathway of balance within a body.
An imbalance on this axis has tended to be the root cause of most of the easily preventable illnesses that we have seen within our many years of experience as the adrenal glands are extremely important to a healthy immune system.
Signs of Adrenal Fatigue and an imbalance in the HPA axis:
- Cravings for sweets & carbs
- Tired and wired with poor sleep
- Low blood sugar
- Easily irritated
- Lower back and knee pain
- Dark circles under the eyes
Recommended Tests – Months 1, 3, 6
- Adrenocortex Stress Profile – simple home tests to measure adrenal function. This test will tell us the level of stress the body is under and will be retaken as a regular marker of improvement. The adrenal hormones cortisol and DHEA function to influence:
- Anti-inflammatory response
- Thyroid function
- Resistance to stress
Changing the amounts of cortisol and DHEA can profoundly affect:
- Energy levels
- Emotional states
- Resistance to disease
- General sense of well-being
- Lipid profile – to confirm current levels of LDL and HDL cholesterol. This is vital for heart health [particularly 40 years onwards]. Carried out in Nosh Clinic.
- Epignetics – unless done under the health insurance, basic genetic testing to show the family miasms and potential illnesses and weaknesses to be pointed up for us to work on. Carried out in Nosh Clinic.
All results are read and disseminated with the client by the team at Nosh including a Naturopathic Nutritionist, a Biochemist and a Health Coach to provide a Whole Body approach to the results.
Recommended Measurements to be Tracked Weekly From Home
- Fasting Glucose Levels – simple home test, we will supply the machine to each person. It is a good idea to have this done on a waking weekly to monitor sugar levels generally, and pre-diabetic status specifically. Also, the body’s glucose levels really help with monitoring pre-cancerous conditions in the long term.
- Ratio of Waist to Hip – divide waist/hip measurement. 9 < for men and 0.7 < for women [only where there are concerns of obesity or heart problems]
Resting Heart Rate – should be 60’s or less
Step 2 – Support Solutions
6 Month Coaching – we offer a structured coaching programme based on the Institute of Integrative Nutrition guidelines. The Executive signs a contract at inception and the meetings are held at a pre-determined time each week either in person or on the phone. Check-in happens at each session and feedback happens at the 3 month mark and the 6 month mark. This coaching works across each area of life, encompassing food, diet, exercise, mental and emotional approaches. This approach has an unparalleled success rate in creating transformation.
Nutritional Support – our in-house Nutritionist offers ongoing nutritional support including the ability to offer sample meal plans to those not on the Nosh foods plan. 3 sessions are included in the package and any extra are charged at £150 per session.
Nutritional Requirements – We deliver high-quality pure nutrient-rich food 3 x a day and 2 snacks a day. That may sound a lot of food, but individuals living a high-stress life, burn up to 3x the normal energy; they require enormous amounts of high nutrient fuel to remain at peak performance. (This would be at an extra cost.)